Mr. Hoke's English Class
Test on The Giver
December 19th (Odd)
December 20th (Even)
December 18th (Period 2/ P30)
We will review key topics and skills in class before the test!
- Turn in the Editing Checklist on GoogleClassroom
- Define the Vocabulary words (8)
- Read 20 minutes
- The Final Draft of the Narrative Essay is DUE on Friday 10/6 (All Classes)
Be sure to break out those crazy costumes for Spirit Week!
Today in class we continued to look at non-fiction reading strategies, focusing on text features as a tool for understanding content.
- Read 20 mins
- Finish Text Feature Search (See below for the list of features)
- Bring your second notebook for next week as we begin our vocabulary practice!
Welcome back! Hope everyone had a resting and relaxing weekend.
- Read 20 mins
- Apply peer revisions and add dialogue to your essays
- Focus on the highlighted "telling" sentences identified by your peers.
- Final Draft of the Narrative Essay is Due after the final editing period!
- Rough Drafts will be back by next class for feedback and suggestions.
Due next class:
Be sure to have your Narrative Rough Draft typed in a GoogleDoc by Thursday (Odd) or Friday (Even).
We are going to be tackling some revisions, additions, and dialogue in our narrative stories, come ready to LEARN and ACHIEVE!
Students this past week have been working towards writing their own narrative stories, specifically focusing on memory mapping, identifying their own stories and events, practicing the use of descriptive language, and starting the drafting process.
We are moving from our hand written drafts towards a shareable Google Doc for revising and editing! I am looking forward to seeing the polished pieces of writing that my students are creating!
Read 20 mins
- Any writing work not finished in class
- Pick 3 events from your map and briefly explain what happened at each.
- Read 20 mins!
Today we completed the Reading Plus diagnostic test, worked through a formative assessment on capitalization, had an opportunity for SSR and book talks, and then worked on out writing skills.
Read 20 mins!